[coreboot] how to delete symbol link created at compile time

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Tue Oct 18 00:44:02 CEST 2011

* Marc Jones <marcj303 at gmail.com> [111016 10:10]:

> > Please fix the problem by using one device tree for both platforms.

> Stefan,
>
> Can you explain your thoughts on how that would work? Can we put a #if
> in the devicetree.cb? It uses the c precompiler? It requires different
> CPU files/device locations.  We can try it next week.

Usually the way this is handled in coreboot is that there is one socket
that binds together all CPU types. Then in the device tree only the
socket type is specified, and code for both CPUs is pulled in.
Maybe we need something like a socket for northbridge code, since the
northbridge now lives in the CPU?

It seems like a bad idea to have to recompile your BIOS because you
change the CPU. We did a lot of nastyness with K8 and Fam10, but we
should find a better way to do this for future chipsets/CPUs.

Stefan