[coreboot] Status of SeaBIOS VGA bios.

Julian Pidancet julian.pidancet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 03:06:53 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> wrote:
> You can build the vgabios by running:
> make out/vgabios.bin

Great, that was easy :)

> I started converting the VGA bios from the "lgpl vga bios" project (
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/vgabios/ ) a couple of years ago.
> I converted the base code, but did not have time to convert the "VBE"
> or the "cirrus" code.

Since my plan requires some VBE support code anyway, I guess I would
have to convert it as a preliminary task, right ?

> It should work.  Ideally, someone would complete the port of the "lgpl
> vgabios".  This involves translating the remaining 16bit assembler to
> C code and then doing lots of testing on the result.

I havn't tried to run the ROM yet. Could you be more precise about
what works (or what is supposed to be working), what's not, and what
exactly remains to be translated ? I'd like to make an idea of the
amount of work required to have a ROM equivalent to vgabios.

Thanks !