[coreboot] Porting Asus A8V-VM: Problem with initializing the SuperIO

Nikolai Spassoff ns at codingrobot.com
Sun Sep 18 15:51:48 CEST 2011

After getting a POST-card I managed to get the serial output running.
COM1 is actually mapped to SP2.

Now I ran into a problem initializing the SDRAM, particularly
sdram_initialize() in (src/lib/generic_sdram.c)
The function hangs right before entering the first loop body. A POST
code right before the for-loop gets displayed and
a code within the loop doesn't. The value of the controllers var. is
1, so the loop should be entered only once.

I also tried removing the loop, as the body needs to be executed only
once, and coreboot stopped on sdram_set_registers()

Output from the serial console: http://codepad.org/pXamBs0O
and here is a link to my current romstage.c http://codepad.org/uhTV06GU

I also attached the dir. containing all mainboard-related files.