[coreboot] DL145 G1 with dual dualcore CPU using coreboot ?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Sep 22 14:22:47 CEST 2011

Oskar Enoksson wrote:
> Checking out the version just after my commit 2010-08-20 compiles
> and seems to boot, but depending on how much debugging messages I
> choose in "make menuconfig" I get different problems such as just
> one of my two CPU's initializing, or just strange lockups. In
> general more debugging messages makes it more stable.

First I would recommend you to build the reference toolchain. Run

make crossgcc

in the top-level coreboot directory, with a recent checkout. The
toolchain will be built in util/crossgcc/xgcc and will be
automatically used from there next time you run make.

Next, please make sure to rm -rf build whenever you do git checkout.
I don't think the Makefile dependencies are to be trusted completely.

Then, with fresh toolchain, and no build directory, please try the
latest code again. If it does not work, then I would suggest trying
your original commit. If that does work, as it should, then you can
use git bisect to identify the point where things broke.