[coreboot] GSoC project ideas

Paul Geraedts p.f.j.geraedts at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 11:21:46 CEST 2012

On Fri Apr 6 06:16:53 CEST 2012, Peter Stuge wrote:
>> at the end of the day opinions should not matter.
>
> What a nice way to say that you reject my input.

I do not reject your input. My point is that everybody should have the
freedom to use, reuse or design their hardware the way they see fit.
I value that freedom and there is not need for controlling the design
choices of others. Things like the Wishbone interface enable this freedom.

>> as long as it contains a similar Wishbone interface it will be
>> transparant to the rest of the Wishbone cores.
>
> I don't see the need for Wishbone in this design.

The nice thing about Wishbone, which does not have to add much
overhead by the way, is reusability in a way you see fit. If you do
not want to use Wishbone at all you can strip it off.

Regards,
Paul