[coreboot] SUCCESS: MX25L1605 on Thinkpad X60s [was: FAILED]

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Apr 24 23:34:23 CEST 2012

Moving over to the coreboot mailing list.

Motiejus Jakštys wrote:
> Yes, it flashed fine. There is still a minor disturbance, though:
> tp_smapi does not recognize my TP. But whatever, I can live with that.

Could you send some logs showing this failure? I don't recall seeing
it, but I also haven't actively tried to use tp_smapi on my machine.

> > idle=halt.
>
> Slightly off-topic, but please forgive us. This worked for me:
> processor.max_cstate=2 in kernel boot line (Squeeze). From [1].

Yes, that also works, but I found that I could still hear noise with
that setting, so I went with idle=halt.

> > Now, there is also a possibility that coreboot can do something to
> > work around this situation, similarly to what the factory BIOS
> > obviously does, since the noise is not present there, but this has
> > not been researched.
>
> Probably power saving was disabled in original BIOS. I got this computer
> used and somehow didn't check it, was too hurry to flash to coreboot.

I somehow think the power saving has too big impact on battery life
to have been disabled, but oh well.

> > I'm glad to hear that it works for you!
>
> Thanks a lot for your help. :)

You're welcome, but thank Sven instead, he did the port and pointed
out the flashrom trick! :)

//Peter