[coreboot] Support for laptop Samsung X360

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 17:21:44 CEST 2012

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM,  <sambesselink at planet.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I got interested in coreboot and started reading coreboot.org. I gathered
> some information and am wondering what you guys think of the chances of
> getting to run coreboot on my laptop.
> Brand: Samsung
> Type: NP-X360-AA03NL
> CPU: Intel Core2 Duo SU9300
> Northbridge: Intel GS45ME
> Southbridge: Intel ICH9M-E
> SuperIO: SMSC FDC37N972
> EC: unknown (how do I find this?)
> Flash chip: MX25L1605
> Flash size, type: 2048kB, SPI
> Running flashrom allowed me to find the flash info. It didn't throw any
> problems (besides moaning that it's a laptop).
> I can also provide the dmidecode.log, ectool.log etc and the rom.bin I read
> out if you would like me to.
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Sam

Hi Sam,

Welcome. I think that you will find that to be a very challenging
project. I recommended becoming more familiar with coreboot. Try
building and debugging on qemu. Prepare a way to recover your laptop
when you flash something that doesn't boot. Study the output of your
logs and learn about how your machine is put together.