[coreboot] Asus M2V-MX problems

David Hillman hillmands at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 05:37:02 CET 2012

I have finally gotten another programmed BIOS chip.  It turns out the
old chip was damaged somehow.  Here is the error that I got from Flashrom:

...Erasing flash chip...ERASE FAILED at 0x00000000! Expected =0xff,
Read=0x4c, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x00000fff: 0xfb3...

I also got that error while trying to program the latest factory BIOS
file using flashrom; flashrom was able to erase and program the new chip
with no problems.  My original problem of creating a proper image for
this board still remains.  Superiotool found ITE IT8716F (id=0x8716,
rev=0x1) at 0x2e.  Any help would be appreciated.