[coreboot] xgcc folder is not made!

ali hagigat hagigatali at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 09:15:19 CET 2012

Thank you for the reply. First please consider the specifications of my machine:

root at sky-desktop:~/coreboot/util/crossgcc# uname -r
2.6.32-36-generic-pae

root at sky-desktop:~/coreboot/util/crossgcc# uname -m
i686

root at sky-desktop:~/coreboot/util/crossgcc# uname -a
Linux sky-desktop 2.6.32-36-generic-pae #79-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 8
23:25:26 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux

root at sky-desktop:~# head -n1 /etc/issue
Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS \n \l

and then the error:

root at sky-desktop:~/coreboot/util/crossgcc# make build-without-gdb
bash ./buildgcc
Welcome to the coreboot cross toolchain builder v1.07 (November 1st, 2011)

Will skip GDB ... ok
Downloading tar balls ...
 * gmp-5.0.2.tar.bz2 (cached)
 * mpfr-3.1.0.tar.bz2 (cached)
 * mpc-0.9.tar.gz (cached)
 * libelf-0.8.13.tar.gz (cached)
 * gcc-core-4.6.2.tar.bz2 (cached)
 * binutils-2.21.1.tar.bz2 (cached)
 * acpica-unix-20110922.tar.gz (cached)
Downloaded tar balls ... ok
Unpacking and patching ...
Unpacked and patched ... ok
Skipping GMP as it is already built
grep: /root/coreboot/util/crossgcc/xgcc/include/gmp.h: No such file or directory
Skipping MPFR as it is already built
Skipping MPC as it is already built
Skipping libelf as it is already built
Skipping binutils as it is already built
Skipping GCC as it is already built
Skipping Expat (Python scripting not enabled)
Skipping Python (Python scripting not enabled)
Skipping GDB (GDB support not enabled)
Building IASL 20110922 ... failed
make: *** [build-without-gdb] Error 1

and the second scenario:

root at sky-desktop:~/coreboot/util/crossgcc# make
bash ./buildgcc -G
Welcome to the coreboot cross toolchain builder v1.07 (November 1st, 2011)

Downloading tar balls ...
 * gmp-5.0.2.tar.bz2 (cached)
 * mpfr-3.1.0.tar.bz2 (cached)
 * mpc-0.9.tar.gz (cached)
 * libelf-0.8.13.tar.gz (cached)
 * gcc-core-4.6.2.tar.bz2 (cached)
 * binutils-2.21.1.tar.bz2 (cached)
 * gdb-7.3.1.tar.bz2 (cached)
 * acpica-unix-20110922.tar.gz (cached)
Downloaded tar balls ... ok
Unpacking and patching ...
Unpacked and patched ... ok
Skipping GMP as it is already built
grep: /root/coreboot/util/crossgcc/xgcc/include/gmp.h: No such file or directory
Skipping MPFR as it is already built
Skipping MPC as it is already built
Skipping libelf as it is already built
Skipping binutils as it is already built
Skipping GCC as it is already built
Skipping Expat (Python scripting not enabled)
Skipping Python (Python scripting not enabled)
Building GDB 7.3.1 ... failed
make: *** [build] Error 1

Regards