[coreboot] Extracting an image created with mkelfImage

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Jan 9 22:30:05 CET 2012

Hi Brian,

Brian Luckau wrote:
> I have an elf netowrk bootable image for linux that was created
> with mkelfImage.  How can I extract the file to view its contents
> (which kernel modules were included in the file, etc. )

The image may or may not include initrd, if yes it will quite likely
be compressed. What does readelf and/or objdump say about the file?

There's no pre-made tool for taking apart those ELF images. You can
of course always peruse the mkelfImage source code to find out all
details.

http://www.coreboot.org/Mkelfimage
svn co svn://coreboot.org/coreboot/trunk/util/mkelfImage

//Peter