[coreboot] Qemu: SMBus controller not found (Re: Looking for Sun W1100z/2100z coreboot support)

Dan Connelly daniel.s.connelly at comcast.net
Mon Jul 9 22:15:58 CEST 2012

Yes, I do have a lot of reading to do (per Peter's comment).   But I am bashing ahead, none the less.

I cloned the Tyan s2885 mainboard as Sunw k85ae.   (Both AMD k8 with same North/South.)

The superio on the k85ae is different from the s2885.  I hacked out the Winbond w83627hf and hacked in the NSC pc87360 stolen from the HP e_vectra_p2706t.

Probably I have not supplied correct PCI address for the NSC chip on my k85ae. (But how would qemu know this?)

Difference between pc87363 and the pc87360 probably not significant (MIDI, game ports, wake-up and Protection?).

Set maximal debugging for coreboot and build the coreboot.rom (with a few adjustments for gcc-4.6.3).

Out of laziness, I have not supplied hda image (yet).

superiotool:  Found NSC PC87363 (sid=0xe8, srid=0x10) at 0x2e

qemu-system-x86_64 -bios build/coreboot.rom -nographic

coreboot-4.0-2490-gf03dff7-dirty Mon Jul  9 15:32:46 EDT 2012 starting...
Enabling routing table for node 00 done.
Enabling UP settings
coherent_ht_finalize
done
SBLink=03
ht reset -
SMBUS controller not found

Hangs there.   Not sure how to proceed from here.   Do the reading, I presume.

    -- Dan Connelly

Message: 4