[coreboot] 64bit PCI support in coreboot and CRS methods

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Jul 27 14:08:42 CEST 2012

Alexey Korolev wrote:
> Sorry I'm not familiar with coreboot, so I probably asking obvious things.
>
> I have questions about the status of 64bit PCI support in coreboot.

Why not look this up yourself in the source code?

> I ask these questions because there is a BSOD issue on Win2003 with
> 64bit PCI mem resources in Seabios.
> The issue is caused by CRS method in ACPI dsdt code of seabios.
> Unfortunately I don't know how to fix this bug. Probably you can
> suggest something if there is no such a problem in coreboot. I
> would very much appreciate any ideas!

It sounds like you have a problem with another project, like you do
not want to learn about the technology involved (which I understand,
ACPI is no fun), and like you hope that some coreboot folks will tell
you how to fix the problem. Nothing works like that.

I suggest to learn more about the technology you are stuck with, or
to hire someone who already has.

You haven't even shown a boot log from SeaBIOS, much less the checked
windows error. Did you even try a checked windows build? Can you
interpret the errors it throws? Did you investigate the problem in
WinDbg?

There are numerous things that you could do in order to gather
information about the problem, and you don't seem to have done
any single one of them, yet you ask people you don't know on the
internet to help you.

Come on..

//Peter