[coreboot] 64bit PCI support in coreboot and CRS methods

Alexey Korolev Alexey.Korolev at endace.com
Sat Jul 28 20:32:04 CEST 2012

>> Sorry I'm not familiar with coreboot, so I probably asking obvious things.
>>
>> I have questions about the status of 64bit PCI support in coreboot.

>Why not look this up yourself in the source code?

>> I ask these questions because there is a BSOD issue on Win2003 with
>> 64bit PCI mem resources in Seabios.
>> The issue is caused by CRS method in ACPI dsdt code of seabios.
>> Unfortunately I don't know how to fix this bug. Probably you can
>> suggest something if there is no such a problem in coreboot. I
>> would very much appreciate any ideas!

>It sounds like you have a problem with another project, like you do
>not want to learn about the technology involved (which I understand,
>ACPI is no fun), and like you hope that some coreboot folks will tell
>you how to fix the problem. Nothing works like that.

>I suggest to learn more about the technology you are stuck with, or
>to hire someone who already has.

>You haven't even shown a boot log from SeaBIOS, much less the checked
>windows error. Did you even try a checked windows build? Can you
>interpret the errors it throws? Did you investigate the problem in
>WinDbg?

>There are numerous things that you could do in order to gather
>information about the problem, and you don't seem to have done
>any single one of them, yet you ask people you don't know on the
>internet to help you.

Could you please read my previous e-mail again.
1. I don't ask coreboot people to solve this issue. It is obviously different project, so it would be stupid to ask this.
2. The thing I'm asking
   a. Status of 64bit support. I don't know if coreboot is tested in configurations when 64bit PCI devices occupy high memory on Win2003 or WinXP.
   b. Ideas - in lucky case.
That is.