[coreboot] VGA Option ROM

Wolfgang Kamp - datakamp wmkamp at datakamp.de
Sat Jun 9 21:17:34 CEST 2012

Hi,

When execution of VGA option ROM is configured in seabios,
seabios first scans all PCI devices and looks for a vga type device as you can see in my  attached log.
If seabios finds a pci vga device then it looks for a suitable VGA BIOS (Vendor id:Device id / 1002:9804) in CBFS.
But if seabios does not find a vga device, it doesn't look for the VGA BIOS. That is what happens.
In my issue seabios can only find the pci VGA device if I first enabled VGA ROM execution in coreboot.
If seabios finds the vga device it will also find the correct VGA BIOS in CBFS and executes it.
The log shows this. The issue is that the pci enumertion fails in seabios and it does not list all available devices.
Why is it broken? It could be a coreboot or seabios problem.

Regards

Wolfgang