[coreboot] Problems with Winnet G270 Board / Igel Thin Client 3210 need help

Christian christian.suehs at online.de
Sat Mar 10 16:30:33 CET 2012

Board is built in Igel Thin Client 3210

After a few problems,
http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2012-March/068553.html

now the board starts with coreboot, but very often coreboot hangs.
It is very crazy. Sometimes the board starts three or fourtimes without
problems, and sometimes I have to push very often the power button to
get it start.

There are many selfmade debug lines in the code at the moment and it
seems to work better, now.

Mainboard tree is BCOM/winnetp680

in romstage.c The main loop calls ddr_ram_setup() in
src/northbridge/via/cn700/raminit.c
This function calls c7_cpu_setup() in the same file first.
Normaly a few registers should set now with
pci_write_config8() but nothing happens.

If coreboot hangs the first pci_write_config8() function isn`t done.

static void c7_cpu_setup(device_t dev)
{
	--> A debug line here says the function is entered

	/* Host bus interface registers (D0F2 0x50-0x67) */
	/* Request phase control */
	pci_write_config8(dev, 0x50, 0x88); <-- Debug in pci_ops.c
						says nothing happens
	/* CPU Interface Control */
	pci_write_config8(dev, 0x51, 0x7a);
	pci_write_config8(dev, 0x52, 0x6f);
	/* Arbitration */
	pci_write_config8(dev, 0x53, 0x88);

Can anybody help. I can`t find the CN700 Datasheet is the CX700 close to
CN700. What could be the reason for this problem. Timing issues?
pci_ops.c get_pbus don`t find the cpu on the bus?

With the many debug coreboot is slower than factory bios.
With Console Debug set to 0 the board don't starts.

Mainboard Winnet G270 Ver. 0.3
C7 Via Esther CPU 600MHz
CN700 Northbridge
VT8237R+ Southbridge
W83697HF SuperIO

1x DVI
1x VGA
1x COM (Second Pinheader for COM2 not soldered)
1x LPT
1x 100/10 RJ54 Network
2x Audio (Mic/Line)

1x CF-Card Slot IDE1 on board