[coreboot] Asus M5A88-v evo

Jonathan Bennett jbscience87 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 21:24:51 CET 2012

I bought an M5A88-v Motherboard (
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131733&Tpk=m5a88-v
) and an amd FX-4170 (
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819106009 )

I use Fedora 16 on this machine. Compiled coreboot with a vga bios
from my board, flashed it, and in doing managed to brick the board. I
have another computer I was able to use to flash a vendor bios onto
the rom chip. Compiled again without video bios, and used a
pci-express graphics card. Still no luck. I'm running the machine with
stock firmware, but I'd love to be able to try out coreboot and
seabios.

With Coreboot on it, The machine powered on and the fans spun up.
That's about it. No HD activity beyond power being applied. Ethernet
port never powered, screen never came out of power save. Seems to have
been bricked.

Any ideas?

Jonathan Bennett