[coreboot] Can we push using http user/password authentication

thomasg thomas at gstaedtner.net
Fri Mar 23 12:09:42 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 10:54, Bao, Zheng <Zheng.Bao at amd.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Actually, I have done all the settings, including http password.
> After I run git push, it says,
>
> Counting objects: 5, done.
> Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 480 bytes, done.
> Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
>
> That is all. No error report. But I think it need says more:
>
> To http://review.coreboot.org/p/coreboot.git
>  * [new branch]  HEAD -> refs/for/master
>
> Any settings I missed?
>
> Zheng

Hi Zheng,

At the very least it should prompt for your HTTP password.
It looks to me like a configuration problem with coreboots gerrit
instance, possibly a proxy/webserver misconfiguration.
Checking out via HTTP works just fine, unfortunately I can't test
pushing because I have nothing relevant to push :)

CCing Stefan Reinauer as he is the admin of the machine running gerrit
I think, maybe he can look into it (hope I don't overstep my
boundaries here).

~thomasg