[coreboot] Add support for Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI

XoD xoddark at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 15:45:38 CET 2012

I have a pc with a Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI
I would like tu use coreboot with her.

This motherboard is designed to support AMD processor on a Sokect 939.

Chipset :

   1. NVIDIA nForce4 SLI MCPs (media and communication processors) : NVIDIA
   2. Super I/O: ITE IT8712 chip
   3. Integrated peripherals
      - CICADA8201 Gigabit LAN PHY chip
      - Realtek ALC850 Audio AC'97 Codec

This card seems to be similard to the already supported Asus A8N-SLI.
The major difference than I have noticed is the presence of an integreted
LAN controller in the Gigabyte motherboard and not on the Asus motherboard.

As the chispet and Super I/O seems to be already supported, there is a risk
that is impossible to start the system once flashed with coreboot ?
Is it essential to have tools (like hot top flash) to have the possibility
to restore the system ?
And where I can buy one of this tools (It's not indicate on the page
PLCC sokets are not hard to find, but plcc bios override system are more
difficult to find.

Thank you.

PS: Sorry for my aproximative english.