[coreboot] Generic AMD E350 Support

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Oct 16 04:34:02 CEST 2012

Graeme Russ wrote:
> E350, I'm inclined to assume that this could be used as a solid
> foundation for the I35CT. Is this a valid assumption to make?

Sure.

> What would be the best approach to porting coreboot to the I35CT?

Build an E350M1 image and try it out.

> What tricks and traps can I expect?

The board will not boot and you will need to learn how to debug
firmware. You will also need to study the AMD-contributed code under
vendorcode/ and try to make sense of the hundreds of settings that
you will need to adapt to your board design, after you have reverse
engineered how the mainboard layout differs from the E350M1.

Absolute minimum requirements are some kind of flash programmer and a
null modem serial cable. A logic analyzer is helpful.

Depending on your experience and skill should expect to spend some
months on the project.

//Peter