[coreboot] Generic AMD E350 Support

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 07:22:37 CEST 2012

Hi Peter,

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> Graeme Russ wrote:
>> I have an in-circuit SPI programmer, but there is no header on the
>> motherboard to get at the flash chip - I may need to jury-rig some
>> kind of connection to the flash chip (as soon as I locate it).
>
> The flash chip may be socketed, in which case you can glue a knob to
> it for easy moving back and forth.

No such luck - None of the chips are socketed :( I'm thinking I may be
able to use a very fine tipped soldering iron to attach a jumper
header.

>> Can I assume a particular south-bridge chip
>
> I think there is only one chip.
>

>> > Depending on your experience and skill should expect to spend some
>> > months on the project.
>>
>> I have a fair bit of experience (x86 port of U-Boot) so once I get
>> access to the Flash, I should be able to hack it pretty quickly.
>
> Maybe you'll be interested in Rudolf's work on making U-Boot run as a
> coreboot payload.

Being the U-Boot x86 maintainer, I am familiar with it. There is a bit
of activity at the moment that I'm looking forward to committing.

>> Does the E350M1 port fully support booting and running Linux
>> (including PCIe etc.)?
>
> Yes, it's rather complete, there may still be a glitch or two, but
> it's pretty good.

Excellent

Regards,

Graeme