[coreboot] Google I/O Chromebox

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Thu Oct 18 01:32:22 CEST 2012

Hi Chris,

some people on this mailing list had success with their ChromeBooks. I
don't know if anyone in the community tried the ChromeBox yet, but it
should be fairly similar.

You will need an external flash writer, and/or disable the machine's
hardware write protection for the SPI flash (the little white 2pin
jumper next to the RAM)

For debugging, you can hook up a SuperIO card (if you find one) to the
board's LPC connector (right by the WP switch), or an OxPCIe serial port
card or USB debug port for console.

The code in coreboot's master branch should work fine. You will need the
blobs from the blobs repository, too.

Stefan

* Chris Bobrowitz <nctightend at gmail.com> [121003 23:49]: