[coreboot] Modern motherboard support

František Kučera konference at frantovo.cz
Tue Oct 23 09:52:40 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am interested in building high performance workstation completely based
on free software -- beside free GNU/Linux distribution I want to use
Coreboot.
Important for me is virtualization support including IOMMU/VT-d.
Both Intel and AMD are good form me, but AMD seems to be a better choice,
isn't it?
I want to build this computer for myself and later may be offer same model
to others.
The ASUS M5A88-V looks good and, according to wiki, is supported, but this
board is discontinued and even if I can buy one somewhere, the availability
is problem.
Could you please recommend me some more modern board good for
experimenting with Coreboot?
What about some board with AMD 990FX e.g. ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0?
I have seen that it is supported by Flashrom, so the first step is done.

Regards,
Frantisek