[coreboot] Win7 boot

A Shirwaikar, Atita Atita.Shirwaikar at lsi.com
Fri Oct 26 12:13:14 CEST 2012

Hi Peter

Thanks for your response. We went ahead and tried to boot Windows XP.It throws this error

"Enable the local advanced programmable interrupt controller (APIC).
The x64-based operating system you are loading does not have APIC enabled. Check the system's firmware settings and
make sure that the firmware has enabled the APIC on this system. If the firmware does not have an APIC setting, please
contact the system manufacturer for a firmware update to enable the local APIC."

I tried enabling CONFIG_IOAPIC in .config and doing a make. That did nothing. So I enabled it explicitly in config.h
That stalled boot with this error "get_pbus dev is null"

How do we get XP to boot using coreboot.Appreciate your help..
Thanks
Atita