[coreboot] F2A85-V PRO as good target? - VGA ROMs?

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Sat Oct 27 23:14:37 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Just an update. I think I go for F2A85-M (no sufixes), because the LE board will
not be available some time here in Czech Republic. I keep you posted what I have
bought at the end. This board is similar to LE board but with 4 DIMM slots and
has LPC (TPM) connector.

I checked the SEC phase of BIOS and it does indeed something with TPM. Moreover
there is some device at io 0x804 which has to be 0xCxx in order not to panic
very early.

I don't know what superio it is, I checked some photos and it looks like it has
the same one.

I compared the bootblocks and the "LE" bootblock has also this "0xCxx" thingie.
Anyone has contacts at ITE? It would be handy to get the datasheet once I know
what exact ITE chip is at the non LE board.

Thanks
Rudolf