[coreboot] Coreboot with a Linux kernel and initramfs as payload.

Hoàng Tùng hoangtung1005 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 06:43:27 CEST 2012

Hi Ron

Here is my result :
I finished to build a kernel image that contains the kernel, initramfs, and
command line args.
I expect output is bootable kernel ELF image but it's kernel format ( not
ELF )

*
$ file arch/x86/boot/bzImage
*
*
arch/x86/boot/bzImage: Linux kernel x86 boot executable bzImage, version
2.6.34.13 (root at tungPC) #10 Fri Sep 7 10:11:28 ICT 2012, RO-rootFS,
root_dev 0x802, swap_dev 0x4, Normal VGA
*

And when I build coreboot , it didn't understand format of my kernel image
Error :

* PAYLOAD
 /media/Working/Working/MKMP/LinuxBios/linux-2.6.34.13/arch/x86/boot/bzImage
(compression: LZMA)*
*Fatal error: the payload file is not in ELF format!*
*make: *** [build/coreboot.rom] Error 1*

Could you give me some advice ?