[coreboot] Obtaining IOMMU Functionality on AMD Fusion?

Stu mario753 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 7 15:06:43 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have recently obtained an Asus C60M1-I motherboard, based on the C60 Fusion APU and Hudson A50M chipset.  As it appears that adapting E350-based motherboards using the same chipset was relatively straightforward, I would like to explore getting it to work with my motherboard also.

There is one thing that I would like to confirm though:  Although my motherboard does have SVM (CPU virtualisation) available, after testing with Xen Community Platform I have found that I haven't got IOMMU (I/O virtualisation) available.  The thing is, similar motherboards based on the E350/450 do have this feature.

Reading around, it is considered that IOMMU is a feature of the chipset which has to be exposed by the EFI firmware in the form of the "DMAR" ACPI table.  Asus doesn't provide this except on certain server-oriented motherboards, other manufacturers do.

So would implementing coreboot for my motherboard help with this?