[coreboot] AsRock E350M1 report

openvoid openvoid at abandoned.su
Sun Apr 14 20:09:57 CEST 2013

Hello everyone.

I get E350M1 motherboard and want to report some things i tested.

This can be especially interesting to Paul Menzel and some others, who i see adding patches related to this motherboard few last months.

Most information is available on http://www.coreboot.org/ASRock_E350M1 so i post only difference with my experience.

Wiki update:
PS/2 Keyboard - NOT working - with init_ps2_keyboard option it blinks during post but still not working in OS
PS/2 Mouse - NOT working

Regressions:
Ethernet - NOT working
POST time 5-10 secounds instead of 1-3

I cannot surely say after which commit regressions occur. I was using gcb891de as latest and ec6f043 as old surely working (most close to latest progressive changes on wiki page).

Also want to add i was unable to get valid vgabios.bin using instructions at http://www.coreboot.org/VGA_support, nor by
./bios_extract nor by script from Peter Stuge. So removed link to vgabios on wiki page allowed me to successfully build.

Thanks, all!