[coreboot] monotonic timer patches

Aaron Durbin adurbin at chromium.org
Tue Apr 30 16:50:23 CEST 2013

Hi All,

As noted in the thread titled 'Boot flow flexibility changes' I have
uploaded the initial pass for monotonic timers. It just provides the
API with 3 implementations.

remote:   http://review.coreboot.org/3152
remote:   http://review.coreboot.org/3153
remote:   http://review.coreboot.org/3154
remote:   http://review.coreboot.org/3155
remote:   http://review.coreboot.org/3156

As for the ARM board. I didn't change anything in there at the moment.
However, my thinking is the following:

1. move src/include/time.h to the samsung cpu directory.
2. provide a time_monotonic_get() implementation most likely in mct.c?

I'm not as familiar with that code base. That was just what I was
thinking. However, I do think it is appropriate to move time.h out of
the src/include because that provides an API specific to a CPU. I'd
like to make the monotonic timer API the generic one.

-Aaron