[coreboot] haswell firmware graphics support

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Wed Aug 7 00:35:19 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 08:29:07PM -0700, ron minnich wrote:

> We're finally breaking open the video bios situation; with luck, it
> will soon be as open as ARM platforms ;-)

To be brutally honest, this was done before
(http://libv.livejournal.com/19432.html), as part of my, soon, 10y
old struggle to get rid of the ludicrous dependency on video bioses (it
seems ludicrous now, but i once was on my own with this view). But this
was on (now) much less interesting hw, namely VIA chipsets. And if only
AMD hadn't lost control over ATI, we would've easily had it with
discrete ATI cards too 6 years ago (as we had reduced the BIOS
dependency to only a few hundred lines of board specific bootstrap
code).

But good to see this work being done now on recent IGPs.

Luc Verhaegen.