[coreboot] Ram initization

Mohit Gupta mguptamel at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 09:12:23 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I am a newbie, and trying to understand RAM / DRAM initialization code. I have understood upto SMBus Controller / I2C protocol and how it can be used to get SPD information from DRAM module (DDR/DDR2/DD3/...).

After that I get stuck completely mainly because of RAM initialization steps as per JEDEC. I am looking for resources or tutorials which can point to me in right direction as to how read SPD info and use that to configure or initialize RAM module.

Your help will definitely help me in understanding very core of RAM initialization process. My sole purpose is to enhance my knowledge.

I also don't know if I am allowed to post such queries or if this mailing list is only for advanced level users.

Regards
Mohit Gupta