[coreboot] EDK2 Duet (UEFI) payload for coreboot

Scott Duplichan scott at notabs.org
Fri Dec 6 17:04:41 CET 2013

The UEFI payload project I have been working on is usable now,
though it has been tested on a single board only (ASRock E350M1).
In a few days I will setup an AMD family 10h board and try it there.

Though true flash-backed NVRAM support has not been added yet,
it is quite usable with the emulated NVRAM substitute it uses.
Probably the most visible effect of the emulated NVRAM is inability
to maintain boot order when multiple operating systems are installed.
The emulated NVRAM does allow the Windows 8 reboot to UEFI shell or
UEFI setup to work.

The payload has been tested with major UEFI capable operating systems
(Ubuntu 13.10, Windows 7, Windows 8.1) on real E350M1 hardware and
it is working well.

http://notabs.org/coreboot/duet-payload/

Thanks,
Scott