[coreboot] Removing microcode updates from blobs

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 07:59:44 CET 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 10:46 PM, mrnuke <mr.nuke.me at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can't have a working build on a bunch of recent hardware without
> blobs. So the assumption that you can build without blobs is false.
> Pure and simple.

ok, so you are upset that "clueless" (your word, not mine :-) people
complain about blobs, and in response you move a bunch of .h files
from one place to another? With no real change, mind you, since they
still have to use them. Nothing is more 'free'.

What's the point? Why not just enlighten them? I just can not understand this.

Again, the intent of the blobs directory was to be a place into which
to fetch binary blobs, for those things we could not include in the
main tree. The microcode .h files don't fit that category, given that
they are already in the tree. So I still don't see a point to all this
extra effort.

Anyway, if you can convince me I'm happy to remove the -2 but I'm not
yet convinced.

ron