[coreboot] Removing microcode updates from blobs

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Dec 14 23:58:14 CET 2013

ron minnich wrote:
> > I do not understand why you are against moving microcodes to blobs.git.
>
> because we have something that works today

That is, unfortunately, quite telling. >:( I would hope that the
coreboot community as a whole strives for a whole lot better than
"works" thank you very much.

> I can not see how moving the microcode to a separate repo improves
> the situation.

Even if one ignores the completely obvious technical advantage of
unifying this aspect of coreboot code and the merely potential
legal benefit for stupid downstreams that will never understand
that what you have done is already kosher, the change will improve
the situation on the IRC channel, which is in itself worthwhile.

ron minnich wrote:
> ok, ok, removing -2. Doesn't mean I like it

Thank you!

//Peter