[coreboot] Different Google copyright notices: »The Chromium OS Authors. ?«

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Tue Feb 5 05:33:58 CET 2013

To close the loop on this--
We had a discussion off-line today and decided that since we're
contributing code to a third-party project which is not necessarily part of
Chromium OS we should assign copyright to "Google Inc." rather than "The
Chromium OS Authors." This coincides with the typical process Google
employees use for releasing open-source code.

A lot of confusion seems to stem from using "The Chromium OS Authors" when
checking code into a repository hosted on chromium.org, which is our
standard procedure. I've added a pre-submit check for developers working on
Chrome/Chromium OS so that developers on our use the correct copyright line
for files in our repository before sending patches upstream:
https://gerrit.chromium.org/gerrit/#/c/42569/ .

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Hung-Te Lin <hungte at chromium.org> wrote:
>
> >     For same reason, for new commits we can be more careful to use latest
> > correct copyright string, but it seems no harm to keep old files as-is.
> What
> > do you think?
>
> don't change old strings.
>
> thanks