[coreboot] Adding support for Kobian 815ep FSX mobo (82815 + 82801BA + IT8712F) - is it a good first time coreboot project?

Maciej Grela maciej.grela at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 00:26:56 CET 2013

Hi,

I've been watching the developments of LinuxBIOS and coreboot projects
for some time now and I wanted to get involved in coreboot because I
think it's a
cool project.

I think, that trying to make my old simple mobo to work with coreboot
would be a good first time task. All of the chips are supported as
far as I can see on the webpage but looking at the status of 82815 I
would have to port it to from v1 to v4, right? I have some embedded
experience
(microcontrollers) but no knowledge of coreboot code. Is porting
northbridge support hard?

Thanks for your answers.

--
Maciej Grela