[coreboot] What is the purpose of hard_reset function?

Andrew Wu andrewwu.tw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 13:23:36 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am porting coreboot to our own product(Vortex86EX). I see there is a
function called "hard_reset". Some boards implements this function, and
some don't. Looks like each different mainboard has different
implementation of hard_reset.

Now I just wrote a blank hard_reset function, but maybe it is not right.

So what is the purpose of this function? What should I put inside this
function? To reset the system, why not just use system port(92h port)?