[coreboot] Gerrit: Please revert back to giving -1/+1 right to new users

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 6 11:38:59 CEST 2013

Dear coreboot folks,

since the permission changes in Gerrit some months ago, we had to spent
a lot of time in #coreboot on <irc.freenode.net> and in Gerrit to find
out, that new Gerrit users could not vote with -1/+1 in Gerrit reviews.
Most of the time, Patrick had to be contacted and he had to manually
give the voting permission to the person.

As I am not aware of any abuses of this right and as -1/+1 does not have
a lot of impact in the current review process, it would be awesome if
you could configure Gerrit to give -1/+1 to new users by default again.

Thanks,

Paul