[coreboot] AMD Parmer: Problems with dual gfx card

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 10 09:51:31 CEST 2013

Dear Karoly,

welcome to coreboot!

Am Dienstag, den 09.07.2013, 16:48 +0200 schrieb Karoly Laszlo Konya:

> I want to start one AMD Parmer board with an external GFX card and integrated GPU.
>
> The original AMI BIOS with
>  - Primary Video Device [NB PCIe slot Video] and
>  - Integrated Graphics [Auto]
> options works fine, but I can't set up the coreboot for the same configuration.
> My operation system is linux and I have prepared an ELF executable payload too.
> I tried to start my coreboot with SeaBios or with the kernel payload, without success.

(Please note that the official spelling is SeaBIOS.)

What is the actual error?

> Anyone, who have experience in this field, could help me?

Unfortunately not a lot. What coreboot hash/revision did you build your
image from? Please paste the verbose log of coreboot and Linux, so we
can actually see what the error is.

On the AMD Fam 14/SB800-based ASRock E350M1, I am also not able to use
an external graphics card. The free Radeon driver developers told me,
that coreboot does not disable the internal card enough [1].

Thanks,

Paul

PS: It would be awesome if you could just send plain text messages to
mailing lists [2].

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2013-May/038537.html
[2] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette