[coreboot] Asus F2A85-M: is seabios patch still needed?

David Hubbard david.c.hubbard+coreboot at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 06:17:19 CEST 2013

Hi Rudolf,

I just tried booting coreboot with vgabios.bin as per
http://www.coreboot.org/ASUS_F2A85-M but *without* the seabios patch there.

The system boots ok, the on-CPU graphics are initialized, and everything
seems to be working. I am using seabios head
(ed88f6515c18d9520efa4a41ccb70038dfbe43f9) and coreboot head
(4c2ebeba78e437df2d156a4c68f1fb15b62926f5).

I could attempt a bisection search to find when the patch was last needed.
However, can you or Sage Engineering confirm this? I can update the wiki
entry for the board if the patch is not needed any more.

Thanks,
David