[coreboot] ASRock 880G Pro3 (SB850) problems (was: unsupported mb questions (amd fam10h))

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 21 11:58:26 CEST 2013

Dear Roman,

Am Samstag, den 28.07.2012, 15:15 +0400 schrieb Roman Elshin:
> > Hi, I think my problem while using cimx are reset related, looking on
> > log of my experiments with sb800 (where more success), I see that first
> > initialisation always finished by ...WARM RESET..., and starts after
> > it. With cimx it can not start after WARN RESET, (same way as after hard
> > reset button), it stops with zero post code, and can begin
> > initialization only after power off/on sequence. Can one give some
> > direction how to find solution?
> >
> While playing with bit0,bit1 of SB_MISC_REG84, from my mistake, original
> flash chip (it is winbond w25q32)
> was programmed by coreboots content. There was used at25df321a (which
> are able to boot original bios without such problem) for it  before. And
> this problem are gone (only chip replacement was enough).

were you able to make further progress on your ASRock 880G Pro3 [1]?

Currently Sebastian tries to convert the board ASUS M5A88V Evo [2] from
the generic coreboot code, which just supports Family 10h processors, to
AMD AGESA/CIMx code. Currently he is stuck with SATA problems. So if you
have any input/ideas, it would be awesome if you could report back.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/880G%20Pro3/
[2] http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A88V_EVO/