[coreboot] Chip model thinkpad x60s

Tim Zander t.zander at uea.ac.uk
Fri Jun 7 14:02:30 CEST 2013

On 06/07/2013 12:22 PM, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Tim Zander wrote:
>> I want to flash coreboot onto my x60s.
> Note that the wiki page you refer to does *NOT* include any
> instructions for building coreboot itself. If you want SeaBIOS for
> BIOS compatibility and graphics during booting then you must make
> sure to build a coreboot.rom file which includes the correct VGA BIOS
> blob for your machine. After you've made a backup of your factory
> BIOS you can use bios_extract to take the backup apart, and one of
> the oprom files will be the correct VGA BIOS.

I'm aware of this. Without the VGA BIOS Blob I just would have no
monitor output in boot, right?
>> Is the only way to find out the chip model of my x60s by
>> disassembling and inspecting?
> Likely     SST25VF016B
> .
>

>> what I have to then to find the information necessary to do the
>> first part of the flashing instruction of
>> http://www.coreboot.org/Lenovo_x60x ?
>> What do I need to change in the patch then?
> Try this patch on top of current flashrom svn: http://dpaste.com/1216583/

I did this, patching and installing of flashrom went fine.
But now I have the following:

tim at tim-ThinkPad-X60s:~/flash$ sudo flashrom -p internal -r factory.bin
flashrom v0.9.6.1-r1675 on Linux 3.2.0-38-generic-pae (i686)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org

Calibrating delay loop... delay loop is unreliable, trying to continue OK.
Found chipset "Intel ICH7M". Enabling flash write... WARNING: SPI
Configuration Lockdown activated.