[coreboot] Flash succeed, but after bucts 0 x60s doesn't start.

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Fri Jun 7 22:57:47 CEST 2013

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 22:14:42 +0200
Tim Zander <t.zander at uea.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear Corebooters,
>
> I flashed my x60s as described in the wiki.
> I had the same output as similar result as in here
> http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2012-April/009124.html
> first boot succeed (I had no vga output in boot (probably did
> something wrong with vga rom) but system came up).
Today I just switched from the BIOS to coreboot again and the screen
brightness was very low...try increasing that trough the keyboard
buttons.
> Result were as shaky as described in here
> http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2012-April/009127.html
> but things seemed to work
>
> Now I thought things wouldn't be critical anymore...
> Then I run bucts 0, didn't save the output (damm).
> then I shut down the system
> then pressing of the power button result in endless beeping
> stop that the first time quiet early...
> Do I have a beeping brick now?
Maybe bucts didn't work? like if you did it not as root.
In that case that produces that beeping(I had the same issue)
a quick solution is to remove all the powers(including the CMOS
battery) to clear the bucts register.

Denis.