[coreboot] Bricked Lenovo T60

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Jun 21 16:07:27 CEST 2013

  Hi,

>> Change the .write field to spi_chip_write_1
>
> Yes, that one indeed should have been spi_chip_write_1.

Sucessfully flashed coreboot, thanks to patch Damien mail and this
correction.  Yay!

A few questions:

As I understand it the long procedere with bucts and dd'ing around the
top 64k of the image is only needed to deal with the restrictions
applied by the factory bios.  Once running on coreboot I can update to a
newer build with flashrom without any tricks needed.  Correct?

How can I test stuff without risking to lock out myself?  I guess the
fallback mechanism is meant to be used for that?  Having a known-good
build in "fallback" and the freshly coded stuff in "normal"?  Now the
big question is how can I switch the payload to fallback in case the
normal payload doesn't boot so I can't simply run nvramtool for that?

thanks,
  Gerd