[coreboot] i915 status on x60.

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Fri Mar 1 15:21:31 CET 2013

Hi,

I've been working with ron minnich on trying to avoid the non-free vga
option rom for the i915.
Personally I target the x60 for now.
After porting to the x60 I'll probably try to find a T60 with an
intel card in order to port to it.

Right now, I've got the screen that powers on, and even backlight if I
add the option rom generated by SeaBIOS(it freezes after it though),
however I've only a strange pattern on the screen...and my goal is to
have graphics in SeaBIOS and grub(most important),by whatever mean,but
without using the non-free i915 option rom.

The code is here:
http://review.coreboot.org/#/c/2559/

And the SeaBIOS code will also follow.

As stated it isn't usable yet so it shouldn't be merged.

Denis.