[coreboot] Tyan S2895 SATA, USB, ethernet not working

Andrew Goodbody ajg4tadpole at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 15:18:58 CET 2013

On 03/03/13 14:04, Andrew Basterfield wrote:
> Due to the lack of CPU in socket #2 the board becomes a little crippled;
> 2nd PCIe slot and 2nd ethernet no are longer available; maybe coreboot
> would work OK with both sockets populated but the single socket
> configuration has not been encountered?
>
> --Andrew

You took one CPU out because the board misbehaved. All bets are off. I
would blame the lack of 2nd PCIe slot and 2nd ethernet on the same
hardware fault that caused the 2nd CPU to misbehave. Different firmware
is not going to fix faulty hardware.
It may be just a fault in the single CPU configuration but you have no
way to tell. The only thing you know for sure is that there is a
hardware fault.

Andrew