[coreboot] Tyan S2895 SATA, USB, ethernet not working

Andrew Goodbody ajg4tadpole at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 00:21:28 CET 2013

On 04/03/13 20:46, Andrew Basterfield wrote:
> On 03/03/13 16:48, Andrew Goodbody wrote:
>> You say it is stable with one CPU using the Tyan BIOS so it is at least
>> possible to use the board as is.
>> There is certainly code in the S2895 devtree and mptable to allow for
>> the missing devices caused by a missing 2nd CPU but I have no idea how
>> well tested that is. How does it behave if you boot with ACPI disabled?
>>
>> Andrew
>
> Hi
>
> It is much much better with ACPI disabled for the kernel; debian boots,
> I get SATA and USB although no onboard ethernet.

Looking at the two boot logs, the PCI resources allocated are very
different. My big worry is about the reported differences on the IRQs in
use. I'm not sure what more help I can be. I doubt that the missing CPU
is affecting things too much, I just think that this board support code
simply needs fixing. It would be helpful if anyone knew of any previous
revision where it used to work?

Did you try Carl-Daniel's suggestion of booting with 2GB or less?

Andrew