[coreboot] Unifying AMD SB700/SB800/SB900 code base

Bruce Griffith bruce.griffith at se-eng.com
Thu Mar 7 19:11:42 CET 2013

> This is awesome news. Was it intentional that you did not reply to the
> list
> too?

It was intentional but probably poor judgment.  This reply is to the list.

> As can be seen from the latest responses this seems to be considered
> quite controversial.

The focus is on AMD-designed boards, but may impact other boards with AMD
processors and chipsets.  Marc and Martin are watching over the effort and
the patches will be pushed to Gerrit where they will go through the normal
review process.

> My message was also about code outside `src/mainboard`. But let’s take one
> step at a time.

Replicated code in the wrappers for CIM-X, AGESA, and pre-AGESA is less of a
concern.  That would be at a lower priority than src/mainboards.