[coreboot] Could some one please give me parameters for QEMU for running Coreboot with Linux payload

Pankaj Chhabra chhabra.pankaj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 18:32:14 CET 2013

Hello Ron,

I would like to get involved in the project.

I am running into the issue that Qemu is not loading with the Coreboot with
Linux payload. On the same setup Qemu with Seabios payload works fine.

I am running Qemu with the attached batch file after replacing the bios.bin
with generated coreboot.rom

*COREBOOT WITH LINUX PAYLOAD:*
*
*
For now I have built with ROM size of 4MB

Built the core boot on Linux Ubuntu 12.04
his is what has been built
   GEN        generated/crt0.romstage.S
    CC         generated/crt0.s
    CC         generated/crt0.romstage.o
    CC         console/console.romstage.o
    CC         generated/bootblock.s
    CC         generated/bootblock.o
    LINK       cbfs/fallback/bootblock.debug
    OBJCOPY    cbfs/fallback/bootblock.elf
    OBJCOPY    cbfs/fallback/bootblock.bin
Created CBFS image (capacity = 4193360 bytes)
    LINK       cbfs/fallback/romstage_null.debug
    OBJCOPY    cbfs/fallback/romstage_null.elf
    OBJCOPY    cbfs/fallback/romstage_null.bin
    GEN        generated/romstage_xip.ld
    LINK       cbfs/fallback/romstage_xip.debug
    OBJCOPY    cbfs/fallback/romstage_xip.elf
    CBFS       coreboot.pre
    CC         lib/version.ramstage.o
    CC         drivers/pc80/mc146818rtc.ramstage.o
    CC         console/console.ramstage.o
    CC         arch/x86/boot/smbios.ramstage.o
    CC         generated/coreboot_ram.o
    CC         cbfs/fallback/coreboot_ram.debug
    OBJCOPY    cbfs/fallback/coreboot_ram.elf
    CBFS       coreboot.rom
    PAYLOAD    payload.elf (compression: LZMA)
    CONFIG     .config
    CBFSPRINT  coreboot.rom

coreboot.rom: 4096 kB, bootblocksize 848, romsize 4194304, offset 0x0
alignment: 64 bytes

Name                           Offset     Type         Size
cmos_layout.bin                0x0        cmos_layout  1160
fallback/romstage              0x4c0      stage        19197
fallback/coreboot_ram          0x5000     stage        42894
fallback/payload               0xf800     payload      2513834
config                         0x275400   raw          2873
(empty)                        0x275f80   null         1613016

*RUN*
I am running this on Windows Qemo and ran with the following options, I
have modified the batch file which comes with the Linux. Please find
attached the batch file and ROM image that was built.

When I try to run int, I am struck the point below. Please let me know how
to fix this.

[image: Inline image 1]

Thanks,
Pankaj