[coreboot] coreboot mailing list now gerrit-free

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 20 10:13:59 CET 2013

Dear Stefan,

Am Mittwoch, den 20.03.2013, 09:22 +0100 schrieb Stefan Reinauer:

> it has been quite a while since we switched our version control system
> to git + gerrit, and the incredible amount of emails has alienated one
> or another person on this list, unfortunately. But help is finally here:

as far as I remember this was discussed over a year ago and the majority
preferred having just one list. As was brought up several times lately
this is not how the community is included in decision making in my
opinion. At least a prior notice would have been nice.

> We switched all gerrit based email traffic over to a new mailing list:
> coreboot-gerrit at coreboot.org. To prevent everybody's inbox to break down
> due to not working filters, we decided to _not_ automatically subscribe
> everybody to the new mailing list. Please do subscribe yourself, if you
> are interested in all the commit messages and code reviews flying by.
>
> In order to subscribe to the new list, please visit:

So thanks to no prior announcement, people now missed some mails, all
subscribers wanting Gerrit messages have to subscribe again and set up
their filters which the opponents to one list did not want to do.

One question remains what to do with replies to Gerrit messages. Some
people do not use Gerrit for whatever reasons but do get Gerrit messages
and want to reply per email for whatever reason. Like bringing an issues
to broader attention or discussion. On what list should that happen? Or
should <coreboot at coreboot.org> just be added to CC?

Thanks,

Paul