[coreboot] [RFC] GSoC proposal: Native graphics init for AMD/ATI graphics hardware

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Wed Mar 20 19:39:58 CET 2013

Am 20.03.2013 19:36, schrieb Stefan Reinauer:
> As far as I remember, ATOM BIOS is some sort of virtual machine that
> interprets a list of memory and IO instructions to initialize the
> hardware. Which is actually very similar to what Ron does now on the
> Sandybridge/Ivybridge hardware.
It is and the Linux drivers actually contain an interpreter.
The command set is quite small, too.

The issue is to extract useful information (semi-automatically) and
create new ATOMBIOS tables (since drivers rely on them, to my knowledge)
that are independent enough so we can ship them under own (C).

Patrick